Schedule for the day - 22nd April 2020
*Log in to MyUSO then J2e for further resources. See class page for assistance with logging in.
- 1. 9am - 9.30 - PE - This is a workout that everybody can participate in! (30 minutes)
Who's got enough energy to last for the whole workout? Your challenge is to complete it with a maximum of 2 breaks in between.
Make sure that you have enough water breaks in-between - you can pause the video and any time to have a quick rest if you need to.
2. 9.30 - 10.30 - Maths - Week 2 Lesson 3 - Understand Percentages (1 hour)
- Enter this website: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
- Click 'Week 2' then focus on 'Lesson 3'
- Click on the video, which teaches you how to work it out
- 'Get the activity' = the tasks
- 'Get the answers' = the answers so that you can mark your own work at home
**As soon as all of this is done (and the work is marked) message your teacher to let them know how you got on.
3. 10.30 - 10.50 - Break time - (20 minutes)
- Toilet break
- Wash hands
- Get fresh air
- Drink of water
- Eat some fruit
- Have a conversation with a family member
4. 10.50 - 12.00 - English - (1 hour 10 mins)
- Part 1 - Read through the example setting descriptions and correct them by putting in the correct punctuation in the right places.
- Part 2 - Use the word bank to start gathering example sentences that you can use for your . final piece of writing (your setting description of the rainforest)
--> Watch this video to give you ideas on what to write about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InT2qpJRpfs
5. 12.00 - 12.20 - English (Spelling Practice) - (20 minutes)
emerging, rhythm, associated, attached, accompany, curiosity, foreign, queue, environment, atmosphere
- Can you solve the anagrams? Each word is really a word from this week's spelling list. Unscramble the letters and then write the correct spelling of the word.
6. 12.20 - 1.20 - Lunch break - (1 hour)
7. 1.20 - 2.00 - Music (The Water Cycle) - (40 minutes) The Water Cycle Song
- Listen to song, look at the chorus lyrics (which summarise what happens in the water cycle) and create some actions that explain how the water cycle works.
**Cross-Curricular - This song is also linked to our Geography unit on the Water Cycle
8. 2.00 - 3.15 - Science (Experiments) - (1 hour 15 minutes) - See 'Science Experiments' document
- Choose at least 1 of the science experiments to complete.
- On J2e - Take a photo for your teacher to see or let you teacher know how the experiment went and what you learnt.