Reading Comprehension – Inference (1 hour)
- Click on the following link: https://www.thenational.academy/year-5/english/diary-entry-reading-comprehension-inference-year-5-wk4-1
- Click 'Next Activity' so that you arrive on 'Video'
- Start the video at 1:54 and finish the video at 14:42
- This video will take you through the text, which you can always read to yourself on the separate document if you wish. The questions are also there for you to try and answer - please note that these do not need to be printed. The answers can always be written separately on a piece of paper to avoid printing
- The video will also take you through each question and eventually go through the answers with you
- Click 'Next Activity' twice to complete the 'Exit Quiz' to test how much you've learnt this lesson
**As soon as all of this is done (and the work is marked) message your teacher on J2e to let them know how you got on.
Reading for Pleasure (30 minutes)
Choose a book that is age appropriate to read for at least 30 minutes.
- Note down any new words and their meanings
** Challenge: Use the new words you've learned in your writing tasks.