East Acton Primary School is a "Good" school (Ofsted February 2017). Ofsted found pupils display positive attitudes to learning and are focused and actively engaged in lessons. “Pupils take great pride in their school. They talk fondly about their teachers, and they take their responsibilities seriously.” Click here to read the full report.
What we offer:
- When Governors asked members of the school community how they would describe the school a common theme appeared, ‘East Acton Primary is an inner city school with a village school feel.’
- What makes our school unique is the calm, nurturing and supportive ethos which is immediately evident and often remarked on by those who visit.
- You will be joining a strong, close-knit team who work with great energy, positivity and enthusiasm to help every child achieve well.
- We provide excellent opportunities for continuing professional development with a strong emphasis on work life balance including weekly PPA time and specific release time for projects.
- Opportunities to co-ordinate subject areas and shadow core subject leaders.
- We provide Mentors and a clear appraisal system aimed to develop and enrich career progression.
- Inner London Weighting.
- Access to the Cycle to work scheme - providing savings on the cost of new bikes.
- Access to the Staff benefits scheme - providing a range of savings for various sport and leisure activities.
- Childcare Voucher support.
- Transport Links - we have free onsite staff parking and are situated just off the A40. We are a 7 minute walk away from Acton Central station and 16 minutes from Acton Mainline which is soon to be serviced by London's new Elizabeth Line (Cross Rail) - connecting Reading, Slough, West Drayton and Hayes with Acton. East Acton Tube Station is a 13 minute walk away. The number 70 bus stops directly outside the school and the 207 bus can be access via a 7 minute walk through our neighbouring Acton Park.
- The children at East Acton Primary are very well behaved and keen to learn.
- We occupy a pleasing mix of old and new accommodation and have excellent resources for teaching and learning.
We are looking for experienced, talented teachers and support staff who are dedicated to raising achievement for all within a learning environment which is vibrant, challenging and supportive.
Visits to the school are essential to appreciate the opportunity working in our school presents. You will be warmly welcomed by children and staff alike. If you would like to visit please contact us via the details on our Contacts page.