On behalf of the Governors, staff and children here at East Acton Primary, I would like to welcome you and thank you for visiting our website.
I am delighted and honoured to be serving as Headteacher at this wonderful school. East Acton is a thriving school with a close knit community feel. Over the years we have worked extremely hard to implement a rich and engaging high quality curriculum. We provide children with a wide range of opportunities to work collaboratively, be inquisitive and to develop new skills within the classroom and beyond. We value the diversity of our children, staff and parents and consider this a key strength.
We are a vibrant one form entry primary school in West London. Our school is welcoming, nurturing and supportive and this can be felt as soon as you arrive. Our staff are committed to improving outcomes for all children, to widening their opportunities and extending their aspirations. Expectations of behaviour, attainment and progress are high - and children rise to these expectations with support from our community of parents. We provide rich learning experiences which inspire a love of learning. Our family community of staff, parents and governors aims to ensure that all children reach their highest potential within a rich, supportive and caring environment.
What our parents say about us:
- I like this school because it has very high standards of education and cares for pupils
- Very helpful and welcoming staff. This school is small and feels like a family- your child will not get lost here
- Home away from home – the school keeps getting the parents involved and keeps finding interesting ways to help the development of the kids!
- I like the school because it’s very multicultural. The staff and pupils teaches are tolerant and open minded
- I was surprised at how much space there is when you enter. I loved the edible gardens and the lovely vegetables that the children grow. There is also a nice green space at the back where children can learn and explore
- East Acton Primary is a very good school because the teachers teach very well and have high expectations of the children
- There are lots of activities to promote reading. My child likes choosing books from the school library every week
- The children learn well and are happy. They go on lots of trips and have workshops for each year group.
- As a working parent, I like the fact that the school offers wrap around care through their breakfast and after school care.
Quotes from our most recent Ofsted Inspection - March 2022:
- The school continues to be good
- Pupils get on really well with each other and their teachers. They enjoy coming to school
- One pupil, with a comment which was typical of others, said, ‘I can’t think of anything I like best - it is all so great'
- Leaders have high expectations for what pupils will learn and experience at school. Pupils are articulate, polite and respectful
- Pupils study a wide range of subjects. Leaders have redesigned the school’s curriculum so that their expectations for what pupils will learn in every subject are clear to all teachers
- The curriculum reflects leaders’ ambitions for their pupils. For example, in History and Mathematics, pupils are prepared early on to be introduced to complex ideas
- Leaders prioritise making sure that pupils learn to read. Children are introduced to books as soon as they join the early years
- Pupils behave very positively in lessons and around the school so that learning is not interrupted. They respond to their teachers’ high expectations, engaging productively in activities.
This website aims to give you a flavour of our school, as well as providing up to date information for parents, pupils and the wider community.
I hope that you enjoy your visit to our website and that you find the information you are looking for. If you would like free paper copies of items on our website, please contact us directly about this or with any other queries you may have about the school.
Finally, if you would like to visit the school for a tour, please give us a call to arrange a suitable time and I will be happy to show you what we offer at East Acton Primary.
Mrs M Tyndall